My attempts at keeping this space updated have been unsuccessful, to say the least. The last couple of weeks have been hectic. So yes, that’s my sad excuse. Also, it’s been a bit difficult to write because I just don’t feel like I have anything to share. But I miss writing as me and for me. So here we are. What have you been up to? Here are some of the things happening in my life.
1) I’m (and well, my entire family is) currently at my parents’. No particular reason except for we left our daughter here when I had to go to Metro Manila to attend events and meetings and whatnots. The other day, my husband and I went home to Lipa and he said that it felt like it was our temporary home. I said the same thing about the place when we moved there, and although I had grand plans to acclimate myself to the place, it does feel transient.
It’s partly because a rather inconvenient thing happened to us while we were there. And it’s also partly (more so actually) because we rarely stay there. Do we plan on staying there? I don’t know.
2) Our family’s heading north for a week. We’ll visit my husband’s family. Hopefully, we get to do more than just lounge around and eat seafood. I’ll be without work for a week (that sounds so dramatic, but I just actually filed for a leave) so I’ll have a bit more time for creative stuff. Maybe I can actually film something. Or maybe I can finally finish the e-book I’ve been trying to write. Who knows?
3) I’ve been trying a beauty gadget for a few days now. My skin feels and looks amazing. But I feel like it’s too good to be true. Haha. I know how weird that sounds, but I’ll give it a couple more weeks before I give a verdict.
4) While I’m enjoying the beauty gadget, I can’t say the same for makeup. I’m just still a bit out of the whole thing.
5) One thing I’ve rekindled a love for is thrifting! I love ukay. I’ve already forgotten how enjoyable it is, but I’m glad I had the excuse to shop. Now I can’t wait for my next trip to the thrift store. Below is a photo of me wearing a couple of the things I bought. My pose looks awkward, especially because I still don’t know how to pose with my new hair.
6) Oh yeah, I got a haircut. I chopped off about five inches. It feels great! I feel more myself with short hair. It is hard to maintain, though. Right now, my head looks more like a mop than anything else but hey, we all have bad hair days.
7) I also got a new camera. So I might get into vlogging. Or I don’t know, maybe I can finally shoot a film.
My life’s been here and there lately. How has yours been?